||Machinist / Machine Technology
|Can you take this course more than once?
|Periods per Day
||All of the following are true:
|Fulfills the following graduation requirements
|Also in the following groups
No Syllabus Found
Who should take this course?
This course will appeal to anyone interested in exploring the ceramics field from a creative, artistic and technical perspective.
What will we be studying?
The Ceramics Course is designed to provide a broad experience in the ceramics area. Subject matter is presented technically as well as artistically. Topics covered include:
* The nature of ceramic materials - clay, glass, plaster;
* The processing of ceramic materials to form useful or artistic items by hand building and machine forming methods - potter's wheel;
* The safe use and operation of ceramic equipment;
* Finishing, decorative and artistic techniques;
* Glaze chemistry - compounding glazes from raw chemicals and applying glazes;
* Kilns - safely stacking and firing the kilns;
* The different types of firings - bisque, glaze, oxidation and reduction.",Full year cours