Assistant Principal of Health and Safety, Mr. Brian Moran advises all students: Please make sure to take extra care while travelling.
- Wearing a mask is required while riding NYC transit.
- Safeguard your belongings and do not leave valuables unattended.
- When traveling to and from school, be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep your electronic devices out of sight and use caution when purchasing items from street vendors.
- If you see something, say something.
- Whenever possible, travel in groups.
- If you are ever uncomfortable or unsure about something-return to the school building and inform school safety immediately; if you cannot return to school, get to the nearest public place, or adult, ie, office or battery park peace officer and inform them you need assistance.
- Do not purchase any candy or other items from street sellers along your walk to mass transit and avoid engaging with them.